UPDATE 3rd August 2020 – This position has now been filled.
ETL are looking for an IPC 620 Trained Operator to expand the team whilst taking on some Inspection activities.
Wire Operative Job Description
- To carry out the manufacture and test of cable harness assemblies within the electrical department, in accordance with the appropriate product certification procedures and in accordance with the requirements of customer orders/drawings and our client’s standards and systems with supervision to the best overall value to the company.
Wire Operative Requirements:
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly in a quality assured environment preferably MoD or Aerospace
- Be able to read electrical drawings, wiring schedules and schematics
- Demonstrate ability to certify own work in line with company quality standards
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Have basic knowledge of equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing of electrical wiring and cable assembly
- Ensure manufacturing build times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Be willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
- Any other duties as required
Wire Opertaive Qualifications/Skills/Personal Qualities:
- Previous experience required
- IPC 620 certified/training preferred
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.